The answer is a straightforward and simple…YES, even if you will hardly use it, because it’s about what it does for your customers.
If customers are searching for you online (and they will be), then you will want them to find your site, while having your own social media page is helpful. It’s also unprofessional without there being an official site to back it up.
We have seen many instances where a company’s social media page has been taken down for no apparent reason. You have to remember these pages belong to another company and not you, such as Facebook, Twitter etc., but your website belongs to you.
Every business is different and each business will gain from having a website in different ways. If you’re asking yourself, why have a website? Well there are various reasons for different businesses.
Some businesses will get more from the additional marketing opportunities such as ultra-low-cost online ads. A different company can benefit more from having information accessible online. Even simple things like an address with directions and a map to your business can make a world of difference.
The benefits for having a website and the importance of one is all about the benefits it provides your customers and you as a business.
Primary reasons for having a website are:
- Your competition has one
- Important for marketing
- Increasing sales from online customers
- Builds the customer trust factor
- Accessible 24/7
- Makes the correct first impression
- It’s cost-effective with positive ROI
- Convenient for customers and accessible from anywhere
- Looks and is professional
- Greater audience reach
- Builds connections with customers
- Provides a resource and information data center
- Enables self-service customer support
- Low-cost advertising opportunities
- Increases company visibility
- Engages users with content
- Puts the customers first (shows you think about their needs)
- Gets important feedback from customers
- Opportunity to beat competition with your SEO
These provide not only great additions to any business and help your customers, but also necessary functions, doing a lot more for your business than meets the eye.
So, yes, having a website for your business is not debatable, it’s a necessity.